Office location: Gateway Center – Office 350
Title(s): Business Professor & Curriculum Chairperson, Marketing; Nelson Peltz Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship
- MBA, Marketing, Stern School of Business, New York University
- BS, Marketing, Stern School of Business, New York University
- ABD- Executive Doctorate of Education, Manhattanville College
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Brand Management
- Global Marketing
Honors and Awards:
- Nelson Peltz Endowed Chair, Entrepreneurship
- NISOD Excellence in Teaching Award
- SUNY Chancellors Award for Excellence in Teaching
- SUNY Distance Learning/Technology Online Fellow-Fashion and Advertising & Promotion/interactive media & social networking
Publications and Presentations:
- Manhattanville Dissertation: HOW DOES THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE INFLUENCE ACADEMIC INTEGRITY: AND SHIFT THE MORAL COMPASS AND WORK ETHIC OF THE BUSINESS STUDENT?
Institution Service or Academic Service:
- SUNY WCC Diversity Fellowship Award
- SUNY General Electric Sustainability Grant
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) Advisory Board Member, Textile Development & Marketing
- American Marketing Association
- NYU Stern School of Business Alumni Association and Committee on Entrepreneurial Institute
Phyllis Fein has her BS and MBA in Marketing from the Stern School of Business at New York University. She completed the Professional Certificate Program in Innovation and Technology from MIT in the Summer of 2017 and will be graduating from Manhattanville College with her doctoral degree in executive leadership from Manhattanville. Additionally, Professor Fein is trained in the Harvard Case Method Teaching.
Professor Fein’s research focus area is moral values, specifically academic integrity and peer to peer influence on honesty in the classroom.
Professor Fein recently traveled to Poland and Germany on a Human Rights trip and was honored to be invited to participate in the Belfer National Holocaust Conference for Educators at the US Holocaust Museum in Summer 2018. Professor Fein has become interested in mindfulness as a practice in Higher Education and was invited to join the 14th Annual Summer Session on
Contemplative Learning in Higher Education at Smith college in Summer 2018.
Professor Fein is the curriculum chair of the Marketing program at SUNY Westchester Community College as well as adjunct professor teaching Brand Management at Manhattanville College.
Professor Fein has worked extensively in the fields of marketing, product development, competitive intelligence, global business, fashion merchandising and technology development primarily in beauty at L’Oreal and Estee Lauder and in Fashion at Saks Fifth Avenue. She recently started a consulting firm, FeinThink, a marketing leadership branding venture focusing on the 21st century of intelligent thinking with a commitment to social consciousness.
Her favorite quote is:
“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
– Henry David Thoreau