Kent G. Trickel
Office location: GTW – Room 233C
Title(s): Associate Professor
Department/Division: English, Reading, and ESL
- MA, Linguistics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Graduate TESOL Certification
- BA with honors, English Literature, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- ESL094 Introduction to Academic Writing 1
- ESL122 Introduction to Academic Writing 2
- ESL122 Introduction to Academic Writing 2 (Online)
- ANTHR/LIN201 Introduction to Linguistics
- COMM110 Speech Communication for Non-native Speakers of English
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Intensive ESL: Oral Skills, Reading/Writing, Grammar
Honors and Awards:
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Service – 2016
- Westchester Community College Foundation Award for Excellence in Service – 2015
- Joseph & Sophia Abeles Endowed Chair for Distance Learning – 2014—present
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) Excellence Award – 2009
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching – 2008
Publications and Presentations:
- Teaching Academic Writing Online, NYSTESOL Conference, White Plains, NY, 2007.
- Online Academic Support for ESL Writing, NYSTESOL Conference, Rye Brook, NY, 2003.
- The English as a Second Language Institute: Attempts to Demarginalize ESL on Campus, TESOL Conference, Baltimore, MD, 2003.
- Linguistic Profile of Generation 1.5 Students, TESOL Conference, Baltimore, MD, 2003.
- Linguistic Profile of Generation 1.5 Students, NYSTESOL Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY, 2002.
- Techniques for Making Dynamic Class Web Pages, NYSTESOL Conference, Rye Brook, NY, 2001.
- Using Multimedia Computers Effectively in the ESL Classroom, Southeast Regional TESOL conference, Louisville, KY, 1998.
- Using drama to teach intonation patterns in English, Sunshine State TESOL conference, Tampa, FL, 1996.