Westchester Community College Summer 2022
Inspiring the next generation of cyber stars!
Students will acquire interpersonal and technical skills needed for college and the workforce by participating in tasks and challenges to identify issues and provide solutions in a team framework.
- Exposure and access to the cybersecurity field, learning lab, and programs.
- Access to diverse and experienced college faculty, graduate minority, and female students from the Women in Cybersecurity Club.
- Development of college identity and belonging by attending pre/post and summer events.
- Exposure to IT and Cybersecurity industry through participation in simulation labs.
- Inclusion of culturally responsive and diverse learning styles.
- Hacking Drones Piloting Academy: Learn about rules/regulations, customizing aircraft platforms, and flight instructions.
- Virtual simulations using an “escape room” format to perform tasks.
- Hardware Village: Learn about the internal components of a computer.
- Networking Village: Learn about networking tools and create cables.
- Live simulation environment mimicking a Cybersecurity firm team process and the application of previously learned concepts.
- Creation of a career plan and portfolio.
- Guest speaker presentations from cybersecurity professionals.
Meet the Team
- John Watkins – Lead Director
- Juan Rodriguez – Instructor
- Mr. Danny Fanek – Lead K-12 Pedagogical Expert
- Cyber Coaches – Students, graduates, and faculty of the Cybersecurity Program at Westchester Community College. This group will be helping you learn about all the amazing cybersecurity tools and possibilities!
About the WCC-CAE Cyber Program
The mission of the Westchester Community College Center for Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (WCC-CAE) is to help students increase their knowledge and skills in key areas of information technology and cybersecurity to prepare them to join the ranks of security professionals.
The WCC-CAE offers a student-centered program that values up-to-date technology training and hands-on learning. The instructional lab environment allows students to have access to dedicated workstations, servers, equipment, and industry-recognized tools needed to excel in their studies.
Cybersecurity Programs at Westchester Community Colleges
Learn more about the program: wcccybercenter.com