Chemical Dependency Counseling
The Certificate in CDC provides all 350 Alcohol & Drug education hours required for CASAC eligibility. The AAS in CDC also provides the 350 education hours and reduces the experience requirement by 1000 hours. Westchester Community College is a certified education & training provider of the NYS Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS). OASAS issues the CASAC (Credentialed Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counselor).
Message from the Curriculum Chair
Welcome to the Chemical Dependency Counseling program.
This is a very exciting time in our field as more and more New Yorkers and Americans have increasingly greater access to treatment. Not only are the job opportunities growing but a multi-level career ladder is being established, with opportunities to work and grow in professionalism.
This is a small curriculum and you will find that you share much in common with your peers, who are very supportive.
Information about the chair
Contact InformationPhone: 914-606-6289
Office location: Classroom Building - Office #1
Title(s): Curriculum Chair of Chemical Dependency Counseling
Department/Division: School of Business and Professional Careers
- PhD Social Work, New York University, 1993
- All Chemical Dependency Counseling courses
- Several Human Services courses
- TREATMENT FOR LGBT SUBSTANCE ABUSERS: WHAT DO WE KNOW FOR SURE NOW? Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD) Section Connection . National Association of Social Workers, pp 6-9, Issue One, 2009
- MODEL SCOPES OF PRACTICE & CAREER LADDERS FOR SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER COUNSELORS: Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD) Section Connection . National Association of Social Workers, p 6, Summer, 2012
- SAMHSA: A NEW SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER TREATMENT GUIDE (A Review), Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD) Section Connection . National Association of Social Workers, p5, Fall, 2012.
- HOW WILL THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT AFFECT SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER TREATMENT? Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD) Section Connection . National Association of Social Workers, pp 4-6, Winter, 2013
- Faculty Advisor of GLOW the LGBT Student group for 15 years
- Senator one year
- Curriculum Chair 21 years
Program Learning Outcome
About Westchester Community College
Nearly 33% of Westchester Community College students receive some form of financial aid. Financial Aid is available to students who qualify. In addition, the Westchester Community College Foundation offers $1.6 million in scholarships annually.
The Westchester Community College Athletic Department sponsors thirteen different intercollegiate athletic teams in various sports. The roster of sports offered includes Men’s Baseball, Women's Softball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Bowling, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's and Women's Track and Field, Men’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball. Visit the Vikings Athletics website for schedules, reports, and more.
We’re accessible: Public transit-friendly main campus and extension locations. Online classes for wherever you are. Valhalla (main campus); extension sites in New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Yonkers, Shrub Oak, Mahopac, Ossining, Port Chester and Peekskill (Center for the Digital Arts) and White Plains (Center for the Arts).
Get More Information
Interested in learning more about Westchester Community College. Fill out this form: