Mission, Vision, Values
Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.
Westchester Community College is dedicated to empowering every student to create a personal success story, one that supports a lifetime of learning, growth, and opportunities to contribute in meaningful ways to our communities and our ever-changing world.
To better ourselves and our relationships, we are committed to:
- Personal Excellence – Promote life-long learning, academic growth and intellectual development.
- Respect – Support an environment of open, honest, and collegial communication.
- Integrity – Expect personal accountability through ethical behavior.
To better our community and collective efforts, we are committed to:
- Collaboration – Work together on the achievement of a common goal.
- Civic Engagement – Advance active involvement in the life of the community.
- Innovation – Advance active involvement in the life of the community.
To better our society and our world, we are committed to:
- Diversity – Fostering an inclusive community through acceptance and understanding.
- Environmental Sustainability – Protect, preserve, and conserve resources for the future.
- Empathy – Respond to each other’s views and opinions without judgement.