Administrative Assistant (WCC)
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: April 23, 2019
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Administrative Assistant (WCC)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Office of the President
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Assistant (WCC) reports to the Chief of Staff and Vice President for Strategic Operations and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of high-level administrators. The incumbent can expect a daily whirlwind of activity inclusive of regular phone calls, hundreds of email messages, and unending calendar management. More significant is the importance of working with people, forming strong relationships with colleagues, and understanding how to leverage human capital within the college and community to help administrative leaders flourish. The incumbent will understand the day’s priorities, adapt to constantly evolving circumstances, and be strategic about managing operations to maximize opportunities to advance the mission of the college. The incumbent’s commitment to personal excellence, respect, integrity, collaboration, civic engagement, innovation, diversity, environmental sustainability, and empathy are a reflection of the college’s values and are components of its success. Day-to-day responsibilities include community relations, administrative and operational support, and training and professional development support tasks, as follows:
- Manage use and rental of college facilities by outside community organizations and people.
- Coordinate college and community outreach by maintaining contact lists and managing the audience, frequency, and content of communications.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications on press releases, media inquiries, and media events.
- Develop and review department procedures and evaluate department operations.
- Manage processes for procurement, budget preparation, budget monitoring, and record keeping.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Manage, maintain, and organize a high volume of departmental files.
- Organize events, public meetings, and educational programs.
- Create and maintain website content.
- Coordinate and schedule face-to-face or online training, including researching facilitators and educational materials, preparing agendas and advance materials, reserving rooms and room setups, arranging for media and technology, managing training evaluations, and managing other needed resources.
- Develop and maintain continuing education support materials to be used for reference or further distribution once a training session has been completed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience where the primary function of the position was staff service functions or functions that generally support/back up higher-level administrators.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent written and oral communication skills; a high level of familiarity & confidence working with technology including desktop computer and online applications; and strong organizational and analytical skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $63,219 plus competitive benefits.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking “here.” Candidates can also send a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Administrative Assistant (WCC)” in the subject line of the email; or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.