P/T Completion Coach/Program Specialist (WCC)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Learning Resources, the incumbent is assigned to monitor and coordinate outreach to cohorts of students at key intervals to facilitate their timely degree completion as part of academic support services. S/he will:
- Refer students to academic, personal, financial, career and other college resources;
- Attend meetings to ensure that program goals and objectives are clearly defined and effective services are provided;
- Use data to monitor student progress toward completion, transfer, and career placement at key intervals as set forth by grant and college targets and offers referral to intervention and resources where appropriate;
- Work with academic and student service departments to coordinate activities for students at key intervals in their programs to support grant goals and objectives;
- Refer students to faculty and faculty counselors for academic counseling;
- Conduct and facilitate workshop/training programs based on needs of students and the goals of funding sources;
- Perform related administrative tasks to ensure the effectiveness of the program;
- All other duties, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer service is required. A BS in a corresponding academic pathway for which a coach is being sought (such as education, math, science, English, technology, business, communication, or a health related field), and training or experience as a reading specialist, learning strategist, or personal/academic coach strongly preferred. A MS degree in education is also preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Recruitment will remain open until the positions are filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The hourly rate of pay is $31.01/hour. No benefits. (Hiring is subject to the availability of funds.)
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “P/T Completion Coach/Program Specialist (WCC)” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.