Hourly Program Specialist (WCC) – DHPO
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Professional Development Center/Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Program Administrator in the Professional Development Center of the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development, the Hourly Program Specialist (WCC) will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the grant-funded Displaced Homemaker Program. S/he will:
- Advertise/market training opportunities.
- Provide information on the program to prospective participants.
- Participate in screening, interviewing and selecting program participants.
- Identify faculty and counselors.
- Provide input and participate in the development of curriculum.
- Ensure the capturing and recording of data for program reporting.
- Monitor progress of training.
- Monitor project budget.
- Handle administrative tasks related to the program, including payroll, facilities, reservations, etc.
- Follow up with program completers to gather information on employment status.
- Ensure that program goals are attained and complete program assessment.
- Work closely with NYS Department of Labor to ensure contract compliance.
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
SALARY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This is a fully grant-funded position, with the grant contract ending on 8/31/16. This position is 28 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay is $31.01/hour. No benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Hourly Program Specialist – DHPO” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building- Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.