Adjunct Personal Counselor
The following positions require familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: May 1, 2019
Discipline: Adjunct Personal Counselor
Department/School: Personal Counseling Department/Division of Student Access, Involvement, and Success (Main Campus and Extension Centers)
Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Associate Dean for Student Life, the successful candidate will provide mental health support for students. This position’s primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide individual and group counseling and crisis intervention for students experiencing emotional or psychological distress at WCC extension centers.
- Conduct appropriate mental health, suicide, and risk assessments.
- Establish relationships with community resources and organizations in order to help provide appropriate referrals.
- Provide consultations for and serve as a resource to faculty, staff and administration around appropriate and effective methods to respond to students in crisis.
- Create workshops/programs for community members to educate them on mental health issues affecting the community and skill-set development for appropriate response.
- Serve as one of the College’s Title IX confidential resources.
- Serve as a member on college interdisciplinary committees including college CARES Team, a cross-functional group of professionals who assess and recommend action items to reported student behaviors of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with a valid New York State license (LMSW, LCSW, or LMHC). At least 1 year of post-licensure professional experience required. Preference given to candidates with experience in a college setting, particularly in the community college setting. The successful candidate must be effective functioning in a fast-paced, team-oriented, inclusive, and highly accountability environment. This position will require travel to WCC extension centers throughout Westchester. Preference will also be given to candidates who can communicate in both written and spoken Spanish.
Work Schedule: The work schedule is 16 hours per week during the academic year.
Position Effective: The position will remain open until filled.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $44.43 per hour. No benefits.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking here or email your resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) references to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Adjunct Personal Counselor” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
Deadline for Applications: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.