Help Our Students Now
COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund
Our students are facing unanticipated hardships in this unprecedented time. Even though the College is responding swiftly to this ever-changing reality to make sure that students can continue their education virtually, many of them do not have laptops or access to the internet; many of them have lost their jobs and healthcare; those who partake of our on-campus food pantry have no other resources or the means to get to another distribution center; families are suffering.
The Need Continues
- While the US CARES Act will provide assistance to qualifying WCC students, thousands are not eligible, leaving an important and vulnerable population with few options.
- With eviction protections about to expire, we anticipate another wave of immediate need for housing support
- As people try to get back to work and class, the need for safe and affordable childcare will rise.
How can you help?
Gifts to the WCC Foundation Student Emergency Fund will meet immediate student needs, especially those in crisis due to lost wages, and cover expenses such as food, housing, health care, and online access, enabling them to remain enrolled at Westchester Community College during this unusual period. Any support you can provide will make a tremendous difference, and will be deeply appreciated by our students.
We are in the midst of a time that is different and challenging. It is yet another opportunity to show our students, stakeholders, and ourselves just how strong we are as a community.
Together, we remain, #VikingStrong!
DONATE TODAY – and help our students stay on track!
On our secure website:
- Use the button below OR
- Go to https://www.sunywcc.edu/about/foundation/support-us-now/student-emergency-fund/
- Payable to WCC Foundation
- Indicate Emergency Match in memo
- Send to: WCC Foundation, Hartford Hall, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla NY 10595
For more information, please contact Ilene.email@example.com