Allied Strategic Planning Engagement Network (ASPEN)
Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
In 2020, Westchester Community College launched a new, decentralized strategic plan governance structure, the Allied Strategic Planning Engagement Network (ASPEN). ASPEN replaced traditional, hierarchical committees by using agile principles where democratic co-creation supersedes participatory input. The result is a network of teams that are nimble and adaptive to user experiences and frequent feedback loops. The following articles provide more information on agile, its characteristics, and its applications in a variety of settings.
- Organizational design: The rise of teams (Deloitte)
- The five trademarks of agile organizations (McKinsey & Company)
- Embracing agile (Harvard Business Review)
- McKinsey & Company frequently publishes articles on agile organizations.
ASPEN Summit – April 9. Details to come.
ASPEN STEERING COMMITTEE
- Dr. Belinda S. Miles, President and Steering Committee Chair
- Liza Adams, Assistant Dean of Institutional Research
- Dr. Ruben Barato, Associate Dean of Enrollment Management
- Dr. Eric De Sena, Student Experience SIG Representative
- Dr. Gail Fernandez, Stewardship SIG Representative
- Dawn Gillins, Controller
- Brenda Herrera, Student Government Association Senator, Student Representative
- Dr. Ray Houston, Academic Excellence SIG Representative
- Garrett McAlister, Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Dr. Heather Ostman, Professor of English & Humanities Institute Director, Faculty Representative
- Estefany Palencia, Student Trustee, Student Representative
- Jan Phair, Secretary for the School of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Staff Representative
- Dr. Rinardo Reddick, Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion & CDO
- Mark Stollar, Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications
- Mitch Udoff, Media Technical Assistant, Staff Representative
- Al Ugoji, Assistant Dean of Process Strategy & Excellence
- Kim Walsh, Associate Professor of Biology, Faculty Representative
ASPEN STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION GROUP CO-CONVENERS
|Academic Excellence||Student Experience||Stewardship|
|Dr. George Keteku||Dr. Gwen Roundtree Evans||Prof. Phil McGrath|
|Serena Chamblee||Peter Pagan||Salawut Oomon|
|Dr. Raymond Houston||Dr. Rinardo Reddick||Dr. Sherry Mayo|
ASPEN MEETING SCHEDULE
- Friday 2/5 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 3/5 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 4/9 – ASPEN Summit 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. blocked off