Interlibrary Loan Borrowing
Interlibrary borrowing is a service that helps members of the WCC community access materials not available in the WCC collection. Services are limited to current faculty, staff and administrators and current students in good standing.
WCC does not charge for ILL services.
Books and articles requested through the Interlibrary Loan service must be of an academic nature. The ILL office will not borrow recently published bestsellers, novels, audio-visual materials, e-books, textbooks, or reference books. Patrons requesting pleasure reading materials are advised to visit their local public library.
Account Set Up and Sending a Request
Requests for Interlibrary Loan must be made through the ILLIAD system using your MyWCC information and active WCC e-mail address. Click here to set up an account and select the form for article/s or book/s.
Delivery / Lending Period
- Maximum 5 requests per person at a time.
- You will be notified of the arrival of items via WCC campus e-mail.
- Delivery of material can take from 2 days to two weeks. Books may be picked up at the Library circulation desk. Articles are sent electronically, when available; otherwise, a hard copy may be picked up in person.
- The loan period is usually 3 weeks for books depending on the lending library.
- Renewals of books are granted at the discretion of the ILL office and lending library. You must request renewal before the due date by contacting the ILL department by e-mail.
- The borrower is responsible for paying any fees associated with the destruction, damage or loss.
- The library may suspend borrowing privileges for abuse or misuse of this service.
Office Hours: M-F, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm