JobSTAR is a collaboration between Westchester Community College and the Westchester County Department of Social Services. Since 1990, JobSTAR has been providing educational training, case management, job placement and other related services to individuals and families of low income or those who are receiving Public Assistance.
JobSTAR currently offers the following programs
- Academic Skill Enhancement
- Integrated Applications for Today’s Office Environment
- Food Preparation/Sanitation Certification
General Eligibility for Assistance
Eligibility for JobSTAR assistance requires that recipients are:
- Residents of Westchester County and
- Either receiving TANF benefits or are TANF eligible.
The Benefits to Participants
- Permanent Job Search Assistance – Once you become involved with JobSTAR we will continue to work with you whenever you want or need to seek new/better employment. We will keep your resume on file for easy update and we are always available to help you identify new job opportunities.
- Flexibility – JobSTAR programs are scheduled on the weekends to allow you to job search or continue working at your current job.
- Better Job Prospects – You will be more marketable because you will have achieved additional skills.
- Confidence – You can practice and get better each day before using your new skills in a business environment.
- On-site Childcare While You Learn – JobSTAR’s Weekend Academy provides your children (ages 6-14) with a safe, enjoyable experience while you are in class. Saturday’s only.
- All comprehensive, hands-on courses are taught by Westchester Community College adjunct faculty. All learning materials are included. Absolutely NO COST to those who qualify.
Program made possible by funds provided by the Westchester County Department of Social Services.
For more information please call 914-606-6437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Science Building, Room 120
75 Grassland Road
Valhalla, NY 10595