Important Telephone Numbers, Codes, Links, Addresses, and Forms
- FAFSA Code: 002881
- TAP Code: 2160
- CEEB Code: 002972
Telephone Numbers and Addresses:
- To obtain assistance in completing the FAFSA or for general information—Federal Student Aid information center: 1-800-433-3243 (1-800 4FED-AID)
- To obtain information about State Aid—HESC/TAP 1-888-697-4372 (1-888-NYSHESC) If you are experiencing problems repaying your student loans, graduating soon or currently in default on your student loans and want to return to school and regain eligibility for student aid—contact the Default Prevention Manager located in the Office of Student Financial Assistance, via phone (914) 606-6781.or
- The New York State Advocacy Unit at 1-888-215-0196
- If you have questions about your selective service registration status -Selective Service:1- 847-688-6888
- To obtain a copy of a prior year’s federal income tax returns –IRS Office White Plains: 210 East Post Road, White Plains, NY 10601 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Telephone number 1-800-829-1040
- If you are unable to resolve issues with your lender or guarantor about your student loan – contact Loan Ombudsman: 1-877-557-5275 Loan Ombudsman Office: U.S. Department of Education, FSA Ombudsman, 830 First Street, NE, Fourth Floor, Washington, DC 20202-5144
- For general information about your Veteran’s Benefits or status –Veterans Affairs 1-888-442-4551 (1-888 GIBILL1)
- FAFSA on the web: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Department of Education: www.ed.gov
- FAFSA PIN request: www.pin.ed.gov
- HESC/TAP: www.hesc.com
- Selective Service: www.sss.gov
- Loan Ombudsman Office: www.ombudsman.ed.gov
- New York State Department of Taxation: www.tax.state.ny.us
- Direct Loan Entrance www.Studentloans.gov.
- Student EMPN www.Studentloans.gov.
- Parent EMPN www.dlnote.ed.gov
- Direct Loan Exit Interview www.nslds.ed.gov.