Summer Financial Aid
If you plan to take courses over the summer, you may be eligible to receive financial aid to offset the costs. However, financial aid programs for the summer are limited to:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Direct Loans
- Aid For Part Time Study (APTS) ( see forms of Westchester Community College Financial Aid web page)
If you want to be considered for summer financial aid, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree-granting program at Westchester Community College and enrolling in at least 6 credits that work toward your degree
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Apply before the Summer Financial Aid Application deadline of May 1, 2018
- Pay any outstanding balance to the College
- Complete the 2018-19 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and the NYS Tap Application at www.tapweb.org.
- Complete and sign the SUNY Westchester Community College Summer Financial Aid Application form
Summer aid facts…
- The summer term ends the 2017-18 academic year. All students, both new and continuing, must complete the 2017-18 FAFSA for summer aid. In addition, we are requiring students who want a summer award, to also submit the 2018-19 FAFSA before they will be awarded
- Summer Pell grant and student loans require you to be enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Summer financial aid is only available to assist students with tuition and living expenses for the weeks students are enrolled
- Notifications regarding summer financial aid will be sent to your Westchester Community College email.
REMEMBER: You must make Satisfactory Academic Progress by the end of the Spring ’18 semester in order to use financial aid for summer classes. If you fail to meet this standard, your summer award will be removed and you will have to pay for summer classes out of pocket.