Financial Hold/Student Loan Exit Counseling
A Financial Hold will prevent your aid from being processed through our system.
It is because you borrowed a Federal Direct Student Loan or a FFELP loan to help finance your college education at Westchester Community College and/or another college. Our records indicate that you fall into one of the following categories:
- Not registered in this current semester
- Not registered at Westchester Community College, but are registered at another college
- Enrolled for less than 6 credits
- Scheduled to graduate at the end of this semester
- Indicated on your loan application that you would graduate this semester
- Withdrew or dropped out of school
Even if you did not borrow your loan through Westchester Community College, the federal government still requires you to do the exit interview. A hold will be placed on your account at the college until this process is completed. Complete the exit online by following the instructions outlined below:
Select Complete Online counseling (menu on left)
Select Exit Counseling
Select Direct Loan Exit (previously Stafford exit)
Begin Exit Counseling.
Carefully follow the instructions to complete the Direct Loan Exit Interview(s). Once you have completed your exit interview, provide the Financial Aid Office with the confirmation page as proof that it was completed. The hold on your account will be lifted once we receive proof that the exit was completed
If you have any questions or comments you may reach the Financial Aid Office at