Disabilities Services Admissions Checklist
- Submit Westchester Community College application, high school transcript, copy of high school diploma or GED, and application fee to Admissions Office.
- Submit immunization/meningitis records to Health Office (fax 914-606-6423). If not on file, you cannot register for classes.
- Apply EARLY for financial aid. Click here for info and email questions to Finaid@sunywcc.edu.
- Submit disability documentation to Disabilities Services office (IEP and triennial or doctor’s evaluation) by confidential fax (914-606-7893) or mail documentation to our office (LIBRARY G51) not Admissions. Ask your high school guidance office to do this.
- Requests for specific accommodations must be supported by current valid documentation on letterhead from an appropriate official professional evaluator.
- Call Disabilities Office (914-606-6287) and first listen to our recorded information and then make Extended Time Placement Test appointment for testing with accommodations on main campus. *Accommodations are not available at other times or locations.
- Visit the Counseling Office (Student Center 2nd Floor) to see an academic advisor to discuss your course selections. Register EARLY to get the schedule you want and to avoid long lines.
- Pay tuition by deadline.
- Register for services 1st week of EVERY semester for green letters to your professors – not automatic.
- Student must self-disclose to Disabilities Services & professors.
- First semester is NOT the time to go it alone without your accommodations. Come early and often to increase success.
WE CAN’T GO OUT AND GET YOU – YOU HAVE TO COME TO US!