Concordia College Transfer Agreement
Minimum Cumulative GPA Required: varies; see agreement appendix for details
Associate’s Degree Required: YES
- Students must graduate from Westchester Community College.
- Minimum grade requirement of C or better is required in major courses.
- A maximum of 90 credits can be applied toward the completion of the articulated bachelor’s degree program from a two-year school.
- By virtue of completion of the A.A. or A.S. degree at WCC, all students will be waived of the lower level general education/core requirements at Concordia College except for one 3-credit Theology course (Religions of the World currently offered at WCC fulfills this requirement) and the one-credit Transfer Seminar.
WCC graduates who do not pass Concordia College’s English and Mathematics proficiency exams will take these courses at Concordia as appropriate. This applies to all accepted students, regardless of whether a program to program equivalency exists.
Concordia College awards the Concordia College/Westchester Community College Pathways Transfer Scholarshipin the amount of $15,000 with the following criteria:
- Students must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Students MUST graduate with an associate’s degree from Westchester Community College
- The scholarship will be automatic, based on the student’s transfer admissions application.
- Students must register at the receiving institution as full-time, matriculated students
- The scholarships will be renewable, as long students meet the following minimum requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Maintain full-time matriculated status
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress towards a degree at the receiving institution
- The scholarships are subject to aid eligibility policy as noted in the link below.
Concordia College also offers general scholarships to transfer students. For information on Transfer Scholarships, visit Concordia College’s Grants and Scholarships page.
For more information about Concordia College, visit the Concordia College website.
Official Transfer Articulation Agreement
|Westchester Community College Associate’s Degree and Award Type||Concordia College Bachelor’s Degree and Award Type|
|Business – Accounting||A.S.||Business Administration||B.S.|
|Business Administration||A.A.S.||Business Administration (also adult ed.)||B.S.|
|Business Administration||A.S.||Business Administration (also adult ed.)||B.S.|
|Global Business||A.S.||Business Administration (also adult ed.)||B.S.|
|Human Services||A.S.||Social Work||B.S.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Childhood Education (Teacher Education Transfer)||A.A.||Teacher Education||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Social Sciences||A.A.||Psychology||B.A.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Social Sciences with a concentration in Psychology (Fall 2016)||A.A.||Psychology||B.A.|
“2 + 2 + 1” Agreements: Obtain Your Master’s Degree within Five Years!
|Westchester Community College Associate’s Degree and Award Type||Concordia College Bachelor’s Degree and Award Type||Concordia College Master’s Degree and Award Type|
|Business Administration||A.S./A.A.S||Business Administration||B.S.||Business Leadership||M.S.|
|Liberal Arts & Sciences: Childhood Education||A.A.||Childhood Education||B.A.||Education||M.S.|