Career Workshop Series
Sign up on our online career center, CCN-
www.collegecentral.com/sunywcc or by phone at 914 606-6760
Resumes that Rock! – CL 106
Does your current Resume get you interviews? Do you need help creating your first resume?
Studies show that the average hiring manager spends 20 seconds looking at a resume before deciding to grant an interview. Now more than ever your resume needs to stand out from the crowd. In this workshop you will learn how to construct an effective résumé that helps you stand out and get interviews!
- Wednesday, September 25 – 12-1pm
- Wednesday, October 9 – 10-11am
- Thursday, October 24 – 2-3pm
Interview to Impress – CL 100
If you are a student who will be interviewing for FT, PT, Summer jobs or Internships, this is an essential program for you!
Learn the techniques of successfully interviewing for jobs- how to prepare, answer typical questions, make a good impression and get that all important job offer.
- Thursday, September 26 – 2-4pm
- Tuesday, October 1 – 10-12noon
- Thursday, October 17 – 1-3pm
- Wednesday, October 30 – 3-5pm
- Tuesday, November 5 – 1-12noon
- Monday, November 11 – 1-3pm
- Friday, November 22 – 2-4pm
- Tuesday, November 26 – 9-11am
- Wednesday, November 11 – 3-5pm
Job Search 101 – CL 100
Looking for a job is a full time job. The smart job seeker utilizes all of the methods available including social media. Learn about the different methods, how to make the most of the WCC online job board College Central Network and how to use LinkedIn to network your way to a job.
- Thursday, November 7 – 2-4pm
- Wednesday, November 13 – 9-11am
- Monday, November 25 – 11-1pm
- Tuesday, December 10 – 10-12noon
Career Fair Prep -CL 100
The Recruit Westchester Job Fair will be held on Friday October 18, 2013 at the Westchester Hilton. Learn the steps of what you need to do before the job fair in order to properly prepare yourself to take full advantage of this networking opportunity. Registration and additional information about the event at www.recruitwestchester.org
- Tuesday, September 24 – 9:30-10:30am
- Friday, September 27 – 12-1pm
- Monday, September 30 – 11-12noon
- Wednesday, October 2 – 10-11am
- Tuesday, October 8 – 2-3pm
- Friday, October 11 – 1-2pm
- Monday, October 14 – 3-4pm
- Wednesday, October 16 – 9-10am
Internships 101 Information Sessions – STC 111
Interested in completing an internship? Have no idea what an internship is but want to learn more? Come to an information session to learn more about the benefits of an internship, how to apply, how to put your best foot forward and get some professional experience before you graduate.
- Friday, September 27 – 1-2pm
- Thursday, October 10 – 11:30-12:30pm
- Tuesday, October 22 – 2-3pm
- Friday, November 8 – 1-2pm
- Thursday, November 21 – 1-2pm
- Tuesday, December 3 – 1-2pm