Smoking Cessation Programs
So you want to quit smoking…
The methods and quit tips below are designed to make quitting as easy and successful as possible:
The University of Rochester is giving Westchester Community College students the opportunity to quit smoking online. Whether you stop smoking or not, you can earn up to $45 for your thoughts and time by answering the university’s surveys. To see if you are eligible, click on https://redcap.urmc.rochester.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=uzInNVMiT9 or email WATI@urmc.rochester.edu.
Stop Smoking Stop Smoking! Facebook
IPhone and Android Apps
- Stop Smoking Assistant for Android
- Quit Smoking With SmokLog
- Free iPhone Apps to Quit Smoking
- Smokefree QuitGuide App
- Quit Smoking Counter For Mobile Phones
- New York State Smokers Quitline
Free nicotine patches, gum and personalized coaching
- POW’R Against Tobacco
- EX Re-learn Life Without Cigarettes
The EX Plan is a free quit smoking program, one that can show you a whole new way to think about quitting.
- Why Quit
Motivation, Education and Support for Cold Turkey Nicotine Cessation
A Web site dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
A free, phone-based service with educational materials and coaches that can help you quit smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Stop Smoking Center
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users
Booklet that tells you about ways you can quit.
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco
Guide that addresses tobacco issues specific to African Americans.
- The First 30 Days: Quit Smoking
Create a quit smoking plan
- About.com Smoking Cessation Support Forum
- FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Products
Article discussing FDA approved products that help you quit smoking.
- Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proud
A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- Questions and Answers About Smoking Cessation
A fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute.
- Quit Smoking
Tools and guides to help you quit smoking.
- Quit Tips
Five tips to help you quit.
- Tobacco Cessation—You Can Quit Smoking Now!
The latest information to help you quit from the Surgeon General’s Web site.
- You Can Quit Smoking
A consumer guide to help you become tobacco free.
- American Cancer Society
Guide to quitting smoking.
- American Heart Association
- Women’s Health.gov
Smoking and how to quit
- TLC (TheLastCigarette)
Tobacco cessation program
A free, online plan to help you quit smoking.
- American Lung Association
- Freedom From Smoking Online
Free online smoking cessation program!
- GET HELP:
New York State Smokers’’ Quitline:
1- 866-NY-QUITS (1-866-697-8487). New York State Smokers
Free Live Phone Support
Whether you are ready to quit or just thinking about it, call 1-800-QUIT NOW for free support with a trained counselor. When you call, a friendly staff person will offer a choice of free services, including mailed self-help literature, a referral list of other programs in your community, and one-one-counseling over the phone.