FSA – What We Do
Faculty Student Association Home Page > FSA What We Do
The Faculty Student Association (FSA) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization registered by the State of New York. Since 1953, the FSA has provided educational related services to benefit Westchester Community College including oversight of all campus dining services, bookstore, vending & copier services along with financial oversight of Athletics, Student Government and student health insurance.
Surplus revenues earned through FSA’s programs and services are used for the benefit of the college including the Student Center Construction.
- Dining Services
- The Viking Café (main cafeteria), located in the Student Center Building, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to students, faculty, and staff. The Viking Cafe serves a wide variety of hot and cold food, daily fresh salad bar, made-to order sandwiches, as well as our specially priced $3.99 Viking Value Meals. Other locations include the Crema Café in the Student Center where we proudly brew a full line of Starbucks hot and cold beverages and the Siegel Café in the Gateway Center.
- The College Bookstore is conveniently located behind the Student Center. The Bookstore provides a wide array of merchandise which includes academic textbooks and study guides and is also a convenient one-stop shopping for snacks, metro-cards, college apparel, supplies, stationary and gift items.
- Smart Arts/Cultural Events
- Smart Arts brings unique, artistic performances in dance, theater, music by exciting, world-class performers right to the Westchester Community College Valhalla campus. These extraordinary events include a full range of multi-cultural offerings as well as a unique look behind the scenes. Included in the wide- variety of events are mini-lectures/displays and an opportunity to meet many of the celebrity artists. Tickets are affordable and discounts are available for children, students and seniors.
- The Westchester Community College Athletic Department offers an excellent opportunity for Westchester students to enjoy their favorite sports and showcase their individual talents. Westchester Community College student athletes include a wide range of abilities from accomplished student athletes, students just learning a particular sport, to students seeking technical certificates for immediate entry into the work force.
- Student Involvement
- The Office of Student Involvement is the primary sponsor for student events and activism on campus. Stop by the office, conveniently located in the Student Center, and find out how you can get involved, you will be glad you did! Whether you just want to attend events or to help plan them, there are experiences available to every student, regardless of your availability, course schedule, age, or interests.