How to Apply to WEOC
Click here to complete a short recruiting form. We will respond to you in an email that will:
- Invite you to a Welcome Session.
- List the documents that you will need to bring to the Welcome Session.
- Provide instructions to complete the online application.
Click here to complete an online application.
If you are unable to complete the application at home, you can do so when you attend the Welcome Session. Assistance will be provided.
You may also use this link to check the status of your application, using the user ID and password you create.
Attend a Welcome Session at WEOC – 26 South Broadway – Yonkers, NY.
Sessions are held Tuesdays at 10:30 am (en Español), Wednesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 4:30pm. Expect the following:
- To learn about SUNY WEOC – an overview that covers program offerings and eligibility will be provided.
- To take a basic assessment test – All program candidates (except ESOL) will take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Locator. The Locator is a brief test in reading, math and language arts which is used to determine which level of the TABE we should administer to you during formal testing. The BEST test will be administered to ESOL applicants.
- To submit copies of your eligibility documents (remember to bring them with you: the Admissions staff will review the documents during the session and inform you if further documentation is needed).
- To complete an online application (if you have not yet done so).
You will be given an appointment to take the 3 hour TABE test. Your test results will be sent to you by email within one week of taking the test. Applicants who do not qualify for enrollment at the WEOC will receive notification by mail within ten (10) business days.
Please note: Children are not allowed in the testing room!
The Admissions office will notify you about your eligibility by email. Next, you will meet with a counselor who will assess your level of interest as well as your needs, describe the academic challenges and the schedule of your program, and respond to any concerns you may have. The counselor will then decide whether to admit you to the program.