Eligibility – WEOC
To be considered for enrollment, you must meet the income and educational guidelines established by the State University of New York and you must meet the minimum enrollment criteria for your program of choice. Refer to the Eligibility Guidelines form in the Information Packet to determine if you are eligible under the income guidelines. The income guidelines are based on the number of members in your household and the total income of all the wage earners in the household in the last 12 months. In extenuating circumstances, waivers may be granted to applicants who do not meet the guidelines and can demonstrate need.
At the time of registration, all applicants must submit:
- Proof of Income
- Proof of New York State Residency
- Proof of Permanent Residency or Citizenship, if not born in the United States
- High School diploma or GED (for vocational programs)
Some of WEOC’s programs have special documentation requirements. If you plan to enroll in any of the health related programs or our College Prep program, you must be prepared to supply additional documentation as listed below. The Documentation Required for Registration form in the Information Packet provides a detailed explanation of all of these requirements. Additional documents could include:
- Driver License or Driver Permit and a Driver’s Abstract (for CDL, EMT & Direct Care Support Professional Programs)
- Physical Exam/Medical Clearance (for CNA, HHA, EMT, Direct Care Support Professional, Medical Coding & Billing, & Certified Pharmacy Technician)
- High School Diploma or GED (for vocational programs & College Prep)
- Official High School transcript and/or drop letter, when indicated
- College Transcript (if applicable)
Every program that WEOC offers has specific criteria that prospective students must meet before being considered for enrollment. The criteria include your grade level in reading, math and language arts as well as other requirements. Therefore, you will be required to take an assessment test to determine your grade levels and may be asked to submit other documentation, if your program of choice requires it. Please refer to the chart entitled Program Offerings in the Information Packet. This chart details all of the program requirements, specifies the length training of each program and identifies the training site, if other than the WEOC.