Mount Vernon Academic Support Center (MVASC)
The Mount Vernon Academic Support Center (MVASC) is open to all Westchester Community College students. MVASC tutors assist students in building academic skills and offering support and encouragement to students as they develop into active and independent learners. Free tutoring is available in the subjects listed below.
ESL level 6 and above
Papers in all disciplines
Found. of Math Reasoning
College Quant. Reasoning
Functions & Models
101, 103, 121, 123 (lecture)
119 & 120
|Monday||11:00 am – 8:00 pm||11:00 am – 8:00 pm
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Tuesday||11:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||11:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||11:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Friday||12:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Saturday||11:00 am – 4:00 pm||11 – 4
|11:00 am-4:00 pm||11:00 am-4:00 pm||1:00 – 4:00 pm|
There are additional tutoring services for a variety of subject in Valhalla, Yonkers, Peekskill and Ossining. Information on these tutorials can be found here: /academics/asc/other-tutorial-services/
Tutoring for all other college level math courses is available at the Mathematics & Physics tutorial center in the Library Building, Ground Floor G36 at the Valhalla campus. Information for the Math/Physics tutorial center can be found at:/academics/asc/mathphystutorial/
In addition, the following services are offered at the MVASC:
- Preparation for the Nursing Teas Exam in Math, Reading and English. This is available to current Westchester Community College students who have met all their pre-requisites to get into the nursing program and are ready to review.
- Preparation for the Accuplacer Placement Exam. This is available to students who have applied and been accepted to the college and would like to review for the placement exam.
- Fall and Spring Math Final Exam Review Workshops. This is available to all current Westchester Community College students.
- Fall and Spring Study Skills Workshops. This is available to all current Westchester Community College students.
Check out the MVASC Blackboard page for access to helpful links and schedules of workshops.
Becoming a member is easy:
- Sign in to the Blackboard Login page
- Click on WCC Clubs & Community in the blue bar at the top
- In the Organization Search bar, type academic support center and click Go.
- Under Organization ID, click on DS40 Academic Support Center – Mt. Vernon
- Click Enroll (on left side of screen)
- Click Submit (on right side of screen)
- Click OK (on bottom right)
Please enjoy the Alan & Jacqueline Stuart Endowed Faculty Chair lecture by Peter Arvanites, Professor of Mathematics at Rockland Community College. The lecture is entitled: Overcoming Math Anxiety and was presented on October 10, 2018.