RESPIRATORY CARE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Correctly read prescriptions, measure arterial blood gases, and
review patient information to assess a patient’s condition.
- Recommend appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
using patient data from laboratory and physiologic evaluations.
- Manage patient care by performing medical procedures or
- Inspect, clean, test, and maintain respiratory therapy
equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently,
ordering repairs when necessary.
- Monitor a patient's physiological responses to therapy, such
as vital signs, arterial blood gases, or blood chemistry changes, and
- Apply the skills required to perform all of the clinical
procedural skills associated with the role and scope of practice of the
advanced respiratory care practitioner.