Senior Audit at Westchester Community College
*Senior Audit registration for Fall 2017 will take place on the main campus in Valhalla at the Knollwood Center on Tuesday, September 5 (Valhalla campus courses only) and Thursday, September 7 (both Extension Center and Valhalla campus courses). Please call 914-606-6793 for details.
Who is eligible for Senior Audit?
As a senior citizen (60 years of age or older) and a resident of Westchester County you may audit credit courses on a space-available basis at Westchester Community College. Senior auditors are required to provide a valid driver’s license as proof of age and residency.
What does “audit” mean?
Auditing a course means you will not receive college credit for completing the course. As a senior auditor, you typically do not complete class assignments, take tests, or participate actively in class discussion (unless the instructor proposes an alternate arrangement). Classes not available to senior auditors include those with a lab, hands-on classes, foreign language classes, and others. There must be sufficient room in the class in order to participate as a senior auditor and the professor has the final approval.
What is the cost to audit?
The cost to audit is $13 per semester. This includes a non-refundable $8 student fee as well as a non-refundable $5 registration fee, plus, the course’s text books should you wish to purchase them. Fees are payable by Visa, Discover or Check/Money Order each semester. (Sorry, no cash accepted.)
How to Find Credit Classes using the Westchester Community College Online Course Schedule
Follow the directions below to determine what credit classes are scheduled, on the Westchester Community College website.
- Click “Academics” at the top of the page.
- Under the “Academics” menu, click “Course Schedules” then scroll down and click “Credit Course Schedule”. You will get the “Search for Classes”
- If you don’t see the term you are looking for in “Term”, click the arrow next to “Term” to get the pull-down menu to choose term you want.
- Under “Class Search” click the green “select subject” button next to “Course Subject”. Use the alphabet at the top to jump to a subject that begins with that letter. (e.g. click on “P” to see Psychology classes).
- To see the courses listed under a particular subject click the green “select” button next to that subject.
- If you are looking for classes at a particular location (for example Main Campus or Mount Vernon), click green arrow next to “Additional Search Criteria” at bottom, then select that location under “Campus” or “Location”. Otherwise you will see all locations.
- Click the green “SEARCH” button at the bottom of the page.
- The list of courses will appear. You will only see the first 3 sections of a class listed. To view all sections, click “View All Sections” in blue panel at top.
Note: If the section is full, it will not appear in the list.
Please contact the Mainstream Office with any questions regarding Senior Audit:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Mainstream office at 914-606-6793.