HITech at Westchester Community College – Program Details
Your Future as a Health Information Technology Professional Begins Here
The 140 hour HIT program includes the following topics:
- The Culture of Healthcare
- Terminology in Health Care and Public Health Settings
- Health Management Information Systems
- Working with Health IT Systems
- Installation and Maintenance of Health IT Systems
- Networking and Health Information Exchange
- Vendor Specific Systems
- Customer Service in the Health Environment
Classes for Fall 2014 will meet Monday evenings, 6-9pm and Saturdays, 9am-4pm, from September 6 through December 20. Instructors have experience teaching Health Information Technology topics and several currently work in the HIT field. Classes are in-person, supplemented by BlackBoard online resources. One class module is offered totally online.
Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Westchester Community College. Upon completion of training, participants may choose to sit for the Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) Exam. Cost for the exam is not included in the program.
Tuition for the program is $1600 plus $13 in fees, which includes a $5 non-refundable registration fee. Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. Payment can be made by cash, check, Visa, Discover, or Mastercard. In order to be eligible for a refund, request to drop out of the program must be made two or more business days before the first meeting of the first class module. Dropping the program with less than two days before the first class meeting or later will not generate any cancellation of charges or a refund.
To succeed in the program, participants must have either:
- Health care background/work experience OR
- Information Technology background/work experience OR
- Desire and ability to learn complex technology principles and applications.
This program is not appropriate for a new or uncertain technology user.
Applicants must complete a form certifying that they meet the above criteria.
Click here for enrollment information and forms.