Office location: Technology Building / Rm 30
Title: Instructor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science: Mathematics, SUNY Albany
- Masters of Arts: Economics, SUNY Albany
- Masters of Science: Mathematics, University of Nevada
Publications and Presentations:
- 7/24/2016 – 7/31/2015 (Hamburg, Germany) – 13th International Congress on Mathematical Education – Poster Presentation of Accelerated Pre-Algebra Program from Summer 2015.
Service to Division/Department
- Mathematics Assessment Committee (fall 2014 – current)
- Co-Chair (with Professor Raymond Houston) for Mathematics Developmental Education Committee (fall 2015 – current)
- Mathematics Curriculum Committee (fall 2015 – current)
- Volunteered to teach MAT140 using the new ‘simulation’ format (spring 2015 & fall 2015)
- Worked with Professor Jodi Cotten on refining and updating all mathematics course descriptions for submission to the College Catalog (using Goldenrod forms) for 2015-2016 academic year (spring 2015)
- Co-Chaired the Departmental Committee on hosting the 2015 NYSMATYC conference to be held at WCC on 10/24/2015.
- Worked with Professors Joyce Cassidy, Sheela Whelan, and Madalena Mansinho to develop and run three accelerated MATH093 courses over summer 2015 under the NYS Gap Grant (totaling $32,156 awarded from the grant).
Service to College:
- Academics Committee (fall 2014 – spring 2016)
- Academic Technologies Committee (fall 2014 – spring 2015)
- Curriculum Committee (fall 2014 – current)
- Volunteer to College Open House, helped by giving campus tours (fall 2014)
- Presidential PRESS Team Member (fall 2015 – current)
- Assigned to the College Readiness subcommittee
- Selected to be on the Search and Screen committee for the Dean of the School of Science, Math, and Engineering (fall 2015)
- Selected to be a Faculty Senator for the Mathematics Department (fall 2015 – current)
- Selected to work on the College’s P-Tech Grant (with Professor Sheela Whelan) as a Curricular Consultant with Yonkers Public Schools
- Working (with Professor Marvin Littman) on the spring 2016 Math and Computer Science Event – inviting local high schools to come in for exciting talks given by WCC faculty.
- Submitted a SUNY Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation grant requesting $100,000. Awaiting award results.
- Submitted a SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grant (IITG) requesting $96,000 for a dedicated computer lab to increase the number of developmental mathematics course taught using ALEKS.
Service to Students:
- Volunteer Judge for Math Club ‘Math Run’ fall 2014 (9/24)
- Volunteer Judge for Math Club ‘Math Run’ spring 2015 (2/18). Note: article written in college paper on race.
- Proctored NYSMATYC Exam for students fall 2014 (11/04), spring 2015 (3/23 & 3/25), fall 2015 (10/26), and spring 2016 (3/10)
- Part-Time Advisor to the Math Club (spring 2015 – current)
- Talk given on the Drake Equation to the Math Club spring 2015 (4/22).
- Volunteer Judge for Math Club ‘Integral Bee’ spring 2015 (4/29)