Dr. Richard F. Gennaro Jr.
Office location: Physical Ed. Bldg. – Room 37
Title(s): Curriculum Chair, Health & Human Performance; Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist; Master of Fitness Science; Certified Fitness Trainer
Department/Division: Physical Education/School of Health Careers, Technologies and Applied Learning
- C. – New York Chiropractic College
- S. – United States Military Academy
- Exercise Physiology
- Personal Training
- Health & Fitness for Life
- Trends in Fitness & Human Performance
- Exercise & Conditioning
Honors and Awards:
- Selected to be the Memorial Day Speaker for the Town of Beekman, NY 5/2014
- ICA Arnold Schwarzenegger Legacy Award 2014
- Award for Distinguished Achievement, International Association of Firefighters 2002
Publications and Presentations:
- Gennaro R.F., Lipoff J. “Heads Up: Concussions are on the Rise”. ICA Journal of Sports Health Science (e-journal), (Spring 2016); 14-17.
- Flynn, D., Gennaro R.F. “Manipulation Can Ease Pain, Aid Flexibility”. Poughkeepsie Journal, Healthy Living Section, 1E, 2010.
- Gennaro, R.F. “Herniated Discs Often Respond Well to Chiropractic Care”. Poughkeepsie Journal, Healthy Living Section, 1E, 2010.
- Gennaro, R.F. “Anti-Aging and the Musculoskeletal System: Functional Analysis and Spinal Stabilization Exercise”. Anti-Aging Medical Therapeutics 5 (2003): 427-436.
- Gennaro R.F., McNergney, E. “The Importance of Teaching Stabilization”. ICA Review. (Winter 2002); 51-54.
- Chiropractic Sports Health Science. Stretching Safely for Optimal Health. Ed. Gennaro RF, Vahl, RJ and Van Egmond C. Arlington, VA: ICA Council on Fitness and Sports Health Science, 1999.
- Barone R.O., Gennaro R.F. Military Leadership Strategies: Inspiring a New 2016 Health Care Paradigm in: Patient Care, Wellness, Fitness Support. ICA Symposium on Natural Fitness & Sports, Columbus, Ohio
- Gennaro, R.F. Memorial Day Speech. Beekman, NY. 2014
- Gennaro R. F. NYCC Convocation. NY Chiropractic College, 20th Anniversary at 2011 Seneca Falls Campus
- Gennaro R.F. Maximizing Your Workout: What You Don’t Know May Hurt You ~ 2009 Supplements, Sports Drinks & Recovery. Gold’s Gym Performance Series, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Barnathan J, Gennaro R.F. Patient Exercise, Enhanced Recovery and Injury Prevention. 2008 ICA Symposium on Natural Fitness & Sports, Columbus, Ohio
- Gennaro R.F. Differential Diagnosis of Low Back Pain in Athletes. NYS Athletic Trainer’s 2006 Annual Meeting & Conference, West Point, NY
- Barnathan, J, Gennaro R.F. Personal Trainer Participation in the Chiropractic Practice: 2006 Strategies for Maximal Effectiveness. ICA Symposium on Natural Fitness & Sports, Columbus, Ohio
- Gennaro R.F. Functional Evaluation and Lumbar Stabilization Exercise. 2006 Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Gennaro R.F. Introduction to Plyometrics. Gold’s Gym Coaches Series, Poughkeepsie, NY 2006
- Gennaro R.F. Lumbar Stabilization Exercise: Functional Analysis and Restoration of 2005 Function. Empire State Games/NYS Athletic Trainer’s Association Sports Medicine Symposium, Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Institution Service or Academic Service:
- Curriculum Chair, Health & Human Performance
- Faculty Senator, Department of Physical Education
- Co-Chair Curriculum Committee
- Common Read Committee
- Chair, Common Read Run-Walk-Roll Subcommittee
- Created Personal Training Certificate Program