Office location: Gateway Center – Room 313
Title(s): Curriculum Chair of Fashion Design and Technology
Department/Division: Professional Careers
Degree Information: MFA, Fine Arts, School of Visual Arts
- Garment Construction
- History of 20th Century Fashion
- Apparel and Design I and II
- Flat Patternmaking and Design
- Fashion Illustration
- Textiles in the Global Marketplace
- Fashion Design Technology
Honors and Awards:
- The Slipper Room – Artist in Residence, New York, NY 2013
- Boston Center for the Arts Studio Residency, Boston MA 2012
- Mass MOCA Assets for Artists Grant, Midas Foundation, 2011
- Possible Futures Grant for FLUX projects, Atlanta GA, 2010
- Franklin Furnace Fund Grant, 2010
Publications and Presentations
- 2013 – Vowels – Proof Gallery, The Distillery, Boston MA
- 2012 – Suit Yourself, chashama 266– 266 W. 37th Street, New York NY
- 2011 – Made With Love, The Textile Arts Center, Brooklyn NY; Made With Love, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ
- 2010 – Made With Love, The Shirey Gallery, Brooklyn NY
- 2009 – Oddyknocky, Godine Family Gallery, Boston MA; Superego, Brant Gallery, Boston, MA
- 2015 – Art Pow Wow Launch –Rivington Street, New York, NY; Psychic Love Connection, Dixon Place, New York NY; Hour of the Wolf, Big Sky Works, Brooklyn NY.
- 2014 – Sixteen Sweet – Ivy Brown Gallery, New York, NY.
- 2014 – Show #9 – Parlour Gallery Bushwick, Brooklyn NY; Suits, Warehouse Gallery, Brooklyn NY.
- 2013 – High Fiber, Present Company, Brooklyn NY; Off the Wall, Danforth Art Museum, Framingham MA; Calamity and Ruin, Project 722, Brooklyn NY.
Institution Service or Academic Service:
- 2015 Olin College of Engineering – Visiting Artist Lecture – Investigating Normal
- 2015 Buffalo State University – Artist Lecture for scholarship recipients for the James P. Lombardo; Sr. Award for Excellence in the Visual Arts.
- 2014 Rutgers University – Visiting artist keynote speaker, Knowledge and Power, Douglass College
- 2013 Rutgers University – What Comes Next? Panel Discussion on Graduate Studies
- 2013 Rhode Island School of Design – Visiting Artist Lecture – Digital + Media and Industrial Design Department: Investigating Normal: Adaptive and Assistive Technologies