Helen G. O’Brien
Office location: Classroom Bldg – 45
Title(s): Curriculum Chair & Field Coordinator
Department/Division: Human Services
- BA. Pace University
- MSW Columbia University
- Ph.D., New York University
- Methods in the Helping Process, Field II
- Human Behavior & Social Development
- Case Management
- Introduction to Research and Statistical Methods
Publications and Presentations:
- O’Brien, H. (Submitted 9//27/12). Parenting Styles and the Multi-factorial Influences on Paternal Involvement. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Social Services.
- O’Brien, H. (proposal accepted 2012). Father’s exposure to trauma and its impact on their parenting among nonresident fathers. Clinical Social Work Journal.
- Bradley, C., Maschi, T., O’Brien, H., Morgen, K., Ward, K., (2012) Faithful-but-Different: Clinical Social Workers Speak Out about Career Motivation and Professional Values. Journal of Social Work Education.
- O’Brien, H. (2010). The Intergenerational Transmission of Parenting Styles of Amongst Irish Immigrant Mothers. Journal of Family Social Work. Vol 13(5).
Institution Service or Academic Service: Co-Chair Common Read