Kamil G Hamaoui
Office location: Classroom Bldg. – Room 20
Title(s): Psychology Instructor
Department/Division: Social Sciences
- Ph.D., Psychology, University of California, San Diego
- M.A., Psychology, University of California, San Diego
- B.A., Music, University of Southern California
- Abnormal Psychology
- Behavioral Statistics
- General Psychology
- Human Sexuality
- Theories of Personality (Honors)
Honors and Awards:
- Effective Practice Award (February, 2015)
- Awarded by the Open SUNY Center for Online Teaching Excellence
Publications and Presentations:
- Hamaoui, K. (2016, June). Integrating Critical Thinking into Instruction. Presented at the 13th Annual Teaching Professor Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Hamaoui, K. (2016, March). Put Some Prickles into Your Goo: Using Critical Thinking Concepts Explicitly in instruction. Colloquium sponsored by the Center for Teaching and Learning and held at Westchester Community College, Valhalla, NY.
- Hamaoui, K. (2015, May). Student Perspectives on Online Testing in Face-to-Face Courses. Poster presented at the Association for Psychological Science 27th Annual Convention, New York, NY.
Institution Service or Academic Service:
- Faculty Senator for the Social Sciences Department (Fall 2014 – present)
- Co-Chair of the Faculty Senate Assessment Committee (Fall 2015 – present)
- Co-Chair of the Psychology Club (Spring 2014 – present)