Respiratory Care Admission Information
The Respiratory Care Program is a course of study leading to an A.A.S. degree. It is a selective program accredited by the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. Graduates are qualified to take all Respiratory Care board exams administered by the National Board for Respiratory Care and are also eligible for state licensure. Opportunities for employment include hospitals, long term care, rehabilitation facilities, Doctor’s offices, private practice, home care, sales & marketing, education, research and administration. Students are admitted each September with limited enrollment to qualified applicants.
- NEW students who wish to be considered must complete a WCC Application Form for admission to the College and be processed by the Admissions Office who will eventually set up an appointment with Prof. Hochberg (Counselor). Contact the Admissions Office at 914-606-6735.
- CURRENTLY ENROLLED OR RETURNING students who wish to be considered must contact the Counseling Office at 914-606-6381 for an appointment with Prof. Hochberg (Counselor).
- All applicants must demonstrate a readiness for College level courses including Math, Reading and English. This is demonstrated either by past College courses/transcripts and/or standardized assessments. Any need for remedial courses will render the applicant unqualified.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.50
- All qualified applicants are given a number in chronological order by Prof. Hochberg.
- Qualified applicants are admitted in chronological order. Thirty students are admitted for every Fall semester with the rest of the qualified students placed on a Wait List. The thirty admitted students are contacted in mid-April for early Fall registration. Students accepted for enrollment will be contacted instructing them to register, proceed with the required annual physical exam and orientation information. If you are not contacted that means your number has not been called.
- Qualified applicants who are not accepted because the program is full will be maintained on the Wait List, again in chronological order, and contacted only when there is a seat available. Failure to maintain academic standards will have your name removed from the Wait List.