Ossining Health Advantage
The Ossining Health Advantage (OHA) An Initiative from the Center for Career Education & Applied Learning and the Division of Workforce Development & Community Education. OHA is a unique learning community at the Ossining Extension Center designed for new students interested in pursuing a health care focused degree program at Westchester Community College.
Open House Dates for OHA at the Ossining Eextension Center
- Monday, May 20: 5:30-6:30 PM
- Monday, June 3: 5:30-6:30 PM
- Monday, June 24: 5:30-6:30 PM
- Monday, July 8: 5:30-6:30 PM
- Monday, July 22: 5:30-6:30 PM
- Monday, August 5: 5:30-6:30 PM
Healthcare Cohort, Core Courses:
|Course||Day of the Week/Time||Course ID|
|COLSC 100: Viking ROADS Seminar||M 5:15–6:15 p.m.||CLS #87236|
|ENG 99: Writing Studio||T/TH 5:00–6:10 p.m.||CLS #85836 (if required)|
|ENG 101: Writing & Research||T/TH 6:30–9:20 p.m.||CLS #85852|
|HCTAL 102: Exploring Health Careers||M 6:30–9:30 p.m.||CLS #86967|
Additional Evening Course Options:
Please see http://www.sunywcc/ossining for complete course list
Scholarships are available, please apply early!
For this cohort, students must:
- Contact the Ossining Extension Center for information about this cohort
- Apply to the College
- Complete FAFSA
- Apply on-line for scholarships
- Take a placement test & meet with an Academic Counselor
- Register for the Healthcare Cohort with an Academic Counselor
Mondays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesdays 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
For Information Contact:
Ossining Extension Center
Arcadian Shopping Center, Route 9
22 Rockledge Avenue, Ossining, NY 10562
914-606-7406 | sunywcc.edu/ossining