Tuition Refund Appeal
What is a tuition refund appeal
A Tuition Refund Appeal is the process of determining if a student is eligible for a tuition refund based on extenuating circumstances beyond his/her control.
You have 1 year from the last day of the semester to file a Tuition Refund Appeal. Before you decide to apply for a refund, please review the refund policy and guidelines to determine if you have met the criteria.
If you are considering filing an appeal based on MEDICAL CIRCUMSTANCES, please visit the Medical Refund Policy Page.
If you have received Financial Aid, you MUST consult a Financial Aid Counselor before submitting the Tuition Refund Request Form.
What are appropriate circumstances for an appeal?
- Death of the student or of an immediate or very close family member
- Call to active military duty (Orders must accompany appeal)
- An accident that prohibited your continued attendance
- Administrative error
- Severe family circumstance/hardships
These are some of the circumstances that will NOT be considered for an appeal:
- Incomplete documentation (Documentation is required for ALL appeals)
- Missed deadline for submitting an appeal
- Change in employment
- Misunderstanding of start date and classes
- Inability to a transfer course to another college/university
- Failure to seek academic and/or financial advisement before registering
- Dissatisfaction with a course content, professor or grade
- Students receiving any collection notification will NOT be considered by the Tuition Appeals Committee
- Involuntary Withdrawals will NOT be considered by the Tuition Appeals Committee
What do I need in order to file a tuition refund appeal?
- Personal Statement explaining the circumstances surrounding your request for a tuition refund appeal
- Third party documentation supporting your statement
- Without supporting documentation your appeal will be denied.
How can I file the tuition refund appeal form?
- You can submit your appeal online by accessing the online Tuition Refund Appeal Form here.
Appeals will be reviewed within 30 days of receipt
PLEASE NOTE: A filed appeal DOES NOT grant approval. If an appeal is granted, it is for a one-time courtesy and future appeals will NOT be granted.
The Tuitions Appeal Committee does not, under any circumstances, take phone calls or schedule appointments. All appeals must be submitted electronically and all appeals are final.