Admissions & Enrollment Checklist

Students are encouraged to apply EARLY. Use this checklist to assist you in the admissions and enrollment process. The staff and counselors in the Office of Admissions are available to help you.

Contact us!

phone: 914-606-6735 • fax: 914-606-6540 • email:

Admissions Appointment
Westchester Community College has more than 60 different degree and certificate programs. Prospective students are welcome to meet with an admissions counselor to learn more about the college, our programs and services. Please call 914-606-6735 to schedule an appointment.

Application for Admission
Currently enrolled high school students should bring their application, along with the $35.00 application fee (non-refundable), to their high school counseling office. Your counseling office will attach your transcript, enclose any additional documentation, including immunization records, and mail the application to the Office of Admissions. All other applicants should submit the application and fee directly to the Office of Admissions. Click here to apply online or download the admissions application.

High School Transcript/GED Diploma
All applicants must request that an official final high school transcript with date of graduation be sent directly to Westchester Community College. Current high school students must submit an official final transcript or copy of the diploma upon graduation. High School Equivalency Diploma recipients must submit an official copy of their GED Diploma scores.

College Transcripts
Applicants should contact all prior colleges to request that official transcripts be forwarded directly to the Office of Admissions.

Placement Testing
Placement testing is required of all new full-time students. Part-time students who wish to enroll in English and/or mathematics must also take placement testing. Students who have successfully completed college-level English and/or mathematics courses with a grade of “C” (2.0 on 4.0 scale) will be waived from all or part of the placement test. A schedule of placement tests will be mailed to you along with your acceptance letter. Click here to view more information about placement testing.

Immunization Records
New York State Public Health laws require all students taking 6 or more credits to sign the Meningitis Response Form and all students taking 6 or more credits who were born on or after January 1, 1957 to provide proof of immunity for measles, mumps and rubella. Documentation should be submitted with your application or brought, faxed or mailed to the Health Office. Click here to download the immunization form.

Certificate of Residence
Students who have lived in New York State for one year, but do not or have not lived in Westchester County for six months, must present a Certificate of Residence from their county of legal residence. Click here  to download the application for the Certificate of Residence.

Financial Aid
Financial aid applications are available through the Financial Aid Office. Apply for financial aid early. If you have any questions about financial aid, call the Financial Aid Office at 914-606-6773.

Advisement and Registration
After you have taken the placement test (or been waived) and submitted health records, you will be ready to meet with a Counselor for advisement and registration in the Counseling Office. The Counselor will discuss your academic goals, review your academic record and placement test results with you, and help you register for courses. The Counseling Office is located in the Student Center. Please call the Counseling Office at 914-606-6572 to make an appointment.

Tuition Payment
Once you have registered for your courses, you must pay your tuition and fees. You can pay online by going to the MyWCC student portal or at the Bursar’s Office located on the first floor of the Administration Building. For more information regarding payment, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 914-606-6992. For more information about Tuition payments, click here.