Registration and Payment Information
Wintersession registration ends at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 23. After that time, the Wintersession Office will be closed for the holidays until January 2. All late registration will take place on January 2 only. While we will attempt to return voice messages (914-606-7701) and emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) during that time, no registrations can be processed until we reopen. DO NOT MAIL ANY APPLICATIONS OR SUPPORTING MATERIALS as we do not get mail again until January 3, after late registration will have ended. Please email or fax any paperwork, and we will address it when we reopen. Note: emails will get a quicker response during the holidays.
Only these classes are still available as of Sunday, December 22: Nutrition at either Ossining or Cross County; Health & Sports at Cross County; and Cultural Anthropology, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, 20th Century US History, Business Organization, Marketing, Ethics, American Government & Politics, General Psychology, Intro to Sociology, and Physical Science Exploration, all online.
Registration and Payment Information
Please check with your home institution before registering to verify that credits will be transferrable to your school. There are no refunds after the posted drop period, whether a course is transferable or not.
How to Register:
A. If you’re a student at another school:
- Complete the special Wintersession Application for Admissions
- Select the ONE course for which you’d like to register on the application form, page 3.
- Calculate your tuition and fees owed using the chart on page 3 of the application.
- Mail your application along with a check or credit card information for the tuition and fees as calculated, to the Wintersession Office at the address on the bottom of the form.
- If you’re new to Westchester Community College, you must also enclose the required transcripts from your current school.
- Once you’ve been admitted and registered, you’ll receive an email confirmation. If you’re not accepted, your check for tuition and fees will be returned uncashed or your credit card will not be charged. NOTE: the required application fee for new students is a non-refundable fee.
- The last date to submit your application, transcripts, and payments will be Thursday, December 20.
A. If you’re a current Westchester Community College student:
- Complete the special Westchester Community College Wintersession Application/Registration Form
- Select the ONE course for which you’d like to register.
- Calculate your tuition and fees owed using the chart.
- See Sabrina Payne, Wintersession Counselor, in the Counseling Office; have the form completed and signed by Ms Payne.
- Mail or bring your completed form along with a check or credit card information for the tuition and fees as calculated, to the Wintersession Office in Room 207, Administration Building.
- Please ask for a registration confirmation at the Wintersession Office.
- The last date to submit your form and payment will be Thursday, December 20.
NOTE: there is no self-registration for Wintersession classes
Questions? Please email us at Wintersession@sunywcc.edu
Tuition for Westchester County residents:
$179 per credit or $537 for a 3 credit course ($358 for Health & Sports, which is 2 credits)
Tuition for non-Westchester County residents:
$537 per credit or $1479 for a 3 credit course ($986 for Health & Sports)
Out of county residents with a Certificate of Residency from their home county will be charged at the county resident rate. Click here for an Application for a Certificate of Residency.
Student Fees (paid by all students)
|Admissions Application Fee
(new students only; non-refundable)
|Fee for Online Classes Only||$30.00|
|Registration Fee; nonrefundable||$15.00|
Important Information to Remember:
All applications must be accompanied by full payment and transcripts if required.
No applications can be reviewed until they are complete, including transcripts and payment in full.
Late registration is January 2, 2014 only; information will be posted here in December about the late registration process.
If class is dropped officially before December 23, 2013: 100% refund
If class is dropped between December 23, 2013 and January 6, 2014: 25% refund
After January 6, 2014: no refund
To drop a Wintersession class:
1. email us at Wintersession@sunywcc.edu
2. leave a message at 914-606-7701
Your withdrawal request will be acknowledged in writing.
Dropping a class must be done in writing using the above process. Remember, simply failing to attend is not an official drop. Current WCC students will not be able to drop the class on their own using MyWCC; posting a message on Facebook, emailing the Registrar, or not showing up are not considered official withdrawal requests and your charges will remain on your record.
Please check with your home institution before registering to verify that credits will be transferrable to your school. There are no refunds after the allowable drop period, whether a course is transferable or not