TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Director of Leadership
Giving and Campaigns (*Search extended - previous
applicants need not re-apply.)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Division of External Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Westchester Community College is
located in Valhalla, NY and serves approximately 14,000 full- and part-time
credit students. Continuing education students bring the total number served
by the college each semester to more than 28,000.
Community College Foundation was founded in 1969, with the goal to raise
funds to meet college and student needs not covered by public funds.
It is historically a top-performing community college foundation, raising on
average between $4 and $6 million in private funds annually, and disbursing
over $1 million in scholarship funds annually. Following a successful
$20 million capital campaign that concluded in 2010, the Foundation is
poised to launch a campaign of similar size in 2013.
to the Vice President & Dean of External Affairs/Executive Director of the
WCC Foundation, the Director of Leadership Giving and Campaigns is a
senior member of the management team looking at overall strategic
development concerns and planning multi-year, multi-faceted approaches to
financial resource development. This will include responsibility for a
major capital campaign to begin in 2013.
Working with College and Foundation
Board leadership, the Director of Leadership Gifts and Campaigns is
responsible for the design, coordination, marketing, and execution of the
Foundation’s major long-term fundraising campaigns, and the continued
cultivation and stewardship of donors of leadership gifts. Responsibilities
will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in campaign strategic planning with
- Board leadership
- College Cabinet
- Senior development staff of the Foundation
- Synthesize ideas into campaign strategies
- Develop campaign timeline and fundraising benchmarks, and
execute overall solicitation schedule
- Incorporate campaign message into all funding streams
- Coordinate with colleagues (Annual, Alumni, Events)
- Identify volunteer campaign solicitors
- Design campaign theme and materials, including
- Case statement
- Solicitation materials
- Fundraising and recognition events
- Work with campaign leadership, colleagues and volunteers to
identify, cultivate, and solicit major prospects
- Provide solicitation training, strategies, and support
- Coordinate and track “moves management”
- Develop proposal letters
- Participate in selected solicitations
- Develop stewardship and cultivation activities
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and incorporate new
donors in the campaign to enlarge the donor base
- Campaign financial reporting
- Meet campaign goals annually
- Report progress to volunteers
- Supervise the maintenance of the campaign database including
production of financial campaign reports and staff assignment
reports and tracking of pledges through database management
- Coordinate activities of campaign steering committee and other
committees as appropriate
- A BA degree is required. 7-10 years prior experience as a
development professional, with at least last 4 years in managerial
positions is also required. MA preferred.
- Demonstrated success driving results.
- Demonstrated and recognized accomplishments in managing fundraising
- Demonstrated success persuading and influencing groups and
individuals to support the organization’s agenda with respect to
colleagues, team members, volunteer leadership and other potential
- Knowledgeable about and committed to core community college values
and the ability to demonstrate, communicate, and represent values to
others. Ability to work within a culturally diverse college
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic
activities and tasks with clear goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education; experience within a
community college environment is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the
volunteer/professional relationship and success managing relationships
in a warm and professional manner.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success personally soliciting significant major gifts.
- Demonstrated success building, cultivating and stewarding new
relationships leading to measurable results (i.e. larger donor base,
increase in campaign revenue, increase in volunteer participation and
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability
to present at public platforms.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with
others, other departments within the organization and with other
organizations and entities.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary commensurate with
experience and an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open
TO APPLY: *Search extended -
previous applicants need not re-apply. Please send a resume, cover
letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to:
Please indicate “Director of Leadership Giving and Campaigns”
in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration
Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Priority will be given to applications received by: May 15, 2013.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and
affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are
committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development,
economic development and lifelong learning.