Senior Maintenance Mechanic I (Building Environment)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Physical Plant
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting directly to the Senior Maintenance Mechanic III (Building Environment), the Sr. Maintenance Mechanic I (Building Environment):
- Overhauls, repairs and installs heating and cooling units and their auxiliary equipment including fans, converters, motors, water and oil pumps, air compressors, pressure reducing valves, feed water regulators, controls, chillers, VFD’s, Actuators, etc.;
- Inspects, maintains and repairs various piping systems carrying high and low pressure steam, domestic hot and chilled water and domestic sewage, and other related piping;
- Repairs and adjusts absorption and Freon refrigeration units involving work on pumps, tanks, circulating pumps, compressors, condensers, evaporators, expansion valves, etc.;
- Fabricates various specialized equipment from rough sketches and diagrams;
- Fabricates machine parts, if required;
- Calibrates and adjusts HVAC controls and instruments;
- Solders, welds, and brazes in the performance of much of the work given above;
- Diagnoses, repairs, maintains and monitors system controls such as thermostats, regulators, electrical controls, and computers;
- Maintains records of work done, supplies used & needed, and requisitions supplies;
- Monitors, records, adjusts and troubleshoots building conditions using the Direct Digital Controls (DDC) building environment software;
- Takes readings on operating equipment and controls;
- Performs routine and emergency repairs and maintenance, both scheduled and in response to emergency situations, as needed;
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of HVAC generating and distribution systems, as needed;
- Depending on work location, may operate equipment and devices, participate in snow removal, etc., as assigned;
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, and email & database software in performing work assignments;
- May perform other incidental tasks, as needed.
The work schedule is 3 days a week: 7 am- 3pm and 2 days a week: 1 pm-9 pm.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a high school or equivalency diploma and seven years of work experience, five years of experience where the primary function was mechanical repair, maintenance and installation, two of which must have been in a wide variety of HVAC equipment including pumps, motors, chillers, fans, etc. are required. DDC & BACS certification, training, and/or knowledge preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $46,715 plus competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Senior Maintenance Mechanic I (Building Environment)” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building- Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning.