P/T Program Specialist/Adjunct Support Specialist – 2 Positions Available
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Extension Services/Continuing Education Division
RESPONSIBILITIES: The P/T Program Specialist will report to the Director of Extension Services. This position will act as a liaison between off campus adjunct faculty members and on campus departments, assist new faculty in classroom management issues and college policy, and coordinate & develop professional development activities. They will work to strengthen ties to secondary schools through enhanced outreach. Evening hours Monday-Thursday for a total of 17.5 hours a week. (No benefits). Travel required between extension sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in the recruitment of professional development facilitators
- Assists in development and coordination of professional development workshops
- Assists in development and coordination of counseling activities
- Researches and develops professional development materials focused on improving completion and retention rates of off campus students
- Develops technology training sessions for off campus faculty
- Travels to other extension locations to ensure consistency of services at all locations
- Provides information to students and faculty at school based extension locations
- Assists adjuncts in classroom management and college policy
- Informs students of upcoming college events and deadlines
- Assists in classroom orientations to acquaint students and faculty with resources and services available onsite and elsewhere
- Maintains supplies and materials
- Assists with compiling data regarding site visits, professional development activities and student inquiries.
- Assists with preparing reports and budgets
- Assists in development, distribution and collection of extension surveys
- Acts as on-site administrator at school based locations
- Performs related administrative tasks including preparing schedules, fliers, announcements, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a BA degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services.
SALARY & BENEFITS: $29.81/hour, 17.5 hours/week. No benefits.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “P/T Program Specialist/Adjunct Support Specialist” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning