Program Coordinator (IT Projects)
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, a commitment to shared governance, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: October 12, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Program Coordinator (IT Projects)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Information Technology
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Coordinator (IT Projects):
- Develops project proposals, cost estimates, budgets, timelines and schedules.
- Coordinates Information Technology staff to ensure all work is completed to the user department’s satisfaction.
- Prepares and obtains bids from outside vendors and estimates project costs.
- Coordinates the pre-installation activities including: specifying and bidding equipment; software and services; and ordering equipment and software.
- Tracks the progress of all items involved in the project.
- Creates project timelines and schedules events such as: data line installation, cabling installation, hardware delivery and installation, software installation, network/server validation and testing and applications training.
- Acts as the liaison between the Information Technology department and contractors involved in project implementation and assures that all contracted work is completed according to specifications and to the satisfaction of the Information Technology department.
- Coordinates all personnel, vendors, contractors, as well as district buildings and grounds, etc., necessary to complete the project.
- Provides detailed status reports and coordinates meetings with appropriate personnel, providing updates on progress of projects and to discuss strategic and tactical concerns in the implementation of projects.
- Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of experience leading technology projects, which included the coordination of RFP-related processes and the development of project and policy documentation are required. *This is a Civil Service position. The final candidate will be required to take and pass the Civil Service Exam.*
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $74,580 plus competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may “upload your documents by clicking here.” Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Program Coordinator (IT Projects)” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. AA/EOE.