Data Center Manager/Program Coordinator (Network Systems)
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Manager of the Data Communications, the Data Center Manager will:
- Monitors the performance of enterprise wide systems by supervising and/or participating in the use of network management systems for various server or network components;
- Supervises the installation of operating systems software for server level computer machinery, specifically LINUX and a Microsoft environment;
- Ensures data security and restricted access by installing and maintaining systems security consistent with departmental procedures and confidentiality requirements. Investigates and develops system enhancements as they become available to better serve operational proposals
- Confers with vendors to determine the limitations and capabilities of existing systems and conveys desired features for enhanced processing and future workloads;
- Monitors server and wide area network components for diagnostic and tracking purposes;
- Monitors data center operations to ensure quality production control, timeliness of scheduled jobs, and effective operations of application servers;
- Resolves malfunctioning of server or network components personally and by directing personnel in corrective actions or by contacting equipment vendors and/or facility providers for assistance in determining the origin of the malfunction; oversees the repair process.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field and four years of experience (pre- or post-Bachelor’s degree) where the primary function of the position involved the network operations of a data communications network, or four years of experience (pre- or post-Bachelor’s degree) where the primary function of the position was in server operations and administration. *This is a Civil Service position. The final candidate will be required to take and pass the Civil Service Exam.*
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $71,685 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Data Center Manager/Program Coordinator (Network Systems)” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.