Program Administrator/Instructional Technology Designer
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Division of Learning Resources, Library, Media & Instructional Technology
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Division of Learning Resources, Library, Media and Instructional Technology of Westchester Community College seek an energetic and experienced individual to fill its position of Instructional Technology Designer. This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Dean of Learning Resources, Library, Media and Instructional Technology. The successful candidate will work with faculty on the design and development of instructional content that will be used in traditional on-campus courses, blended, and on-line courses; plan, coordinate and conduct workshops on the use of new technologies, conduct research on emerging technologies for use in an academic setting, and provide instruction and support of faculty and staff to assist them in the development and/or improvement of technology skills. The position may require evenings and weekends. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and delivering technical training sessions and workshops.
- Working with a wide range of multimedia software including, audio, video, web, animation, and photo to develop materials for online, hybrid, and face to face courses.
- Developing instructional web and media-based interactive learning objects (tutorials, demos, and training modules).
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of the Division’s on-line presence.
- Troubleshooting technical course design issues with faculty.
- Conducting research to identify potential applications for new and emerging instructional technologies.
- Supporting an online learning management system, preferably Blackboard Learn.
- Collaborating with co-workers on departmental and college-wide projects.
- Participating on College committees.
- Researching and identifying grant opportunities relevant to instruction, faculty support and online programs.
- Designing and developing print and web-based user documentation.
- Conducting software training sessions for faculty and staff.
- Assisting in the supervision of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, or analyses of customer needs, program operations, marketing or customer services; A Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, instructional design, or Education is preferred, with at least 2 years of experience working in the instructional technology field. A Master’s degree is also preferred.
- Experience providing technical training in group and individualized sessions.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Windows 7.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in the use of the Blackboard Course Management system
- General knowledge of the Moodle Learning Management System.
- Curiosity about and commitment to learning cutting edge technologies for support of education online.
- Ability to work with and train in both a PC and Macintosh environment.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles, online course development standards & procedures, educational applications of social media, and educational theories, including instructional systems design, and adult learning theory.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, presentation skills, and customer service skills.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $64,685 plus competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Program Administrator/Instructional Technology Designer” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College is committed to providing high-quality, low-cost, comprehensive education to meet the career, transfer, vocational, remedial, and recreational needs of the Westchester community. Westchester Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.