Program Administrator (Health & Safety)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Administrator is responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing environmental health and safety program for Westchester Community College including the effective implementation of program guidelines/policies. S/he will be primarily responsibility for the overall compliance with local, state and federal OSHA, environmental, and fire safety regulations. S/he will also:
- Develop program policies and procedures within departmental guidelines, and recommend changes in program organization, methods and procedures, as required;
- Develop, administer and evaluate educational programs to provide individuals with information related to Health and Safety practices/procedures and in the use of safe work methods and safety equipment;
- Inspect work locations, activities and equipment to identify compliance issues and unsafe conditions and to monitor measures intended to ensure compliance and improve or maintain safety;
- Review conditions under which accidents occur and recommend safety procedures or equipment to correct unsafe conditions. Participates in planning measures to remedy unsafe conditions; determines costs, and ensures that corrective measures are taken;
- Develop, administer and monitor an ongoing inspection and preventive maintenance programs for environmental health and fire safety equipment;
- Develop, administer and monitor environmental waste management operations to ensure compliance with both NYSDEC and other state regulations, as well as the EPA and other federal regulations;
- Utilize computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software in performing work assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree and five years experience where the primary function of the position was in health and safety program activities, including one year in an administrative capacity is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word Excel, Outlook, etc.) is also required. *This is a Civil Service position. The final candidate will be required to take and pass the Civil Service Exam.*
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $64,685 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Program Administrator (Health & Safety)” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning.