Manager of Software Architecture
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, a commitment to shared governance, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: October 12, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Manager of Software Architecture
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Information Technology
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Manager of Software of Architecture:
- Prepares project plans, then manages, coordinates and schedules staff to ensure that all tasks are completed in a successful and timely manner, at any point in the life-cycle of an application system, to build effective applications systems in county departments;
- Supervises the collection and organization of functional requirements; analyzes those requirements and the development of a conceptual (logical) representation of the requirements;
- Directs the preparation of work-flow analysis and process re-engineering;
- Ensures the reliable and efficient operation of applications systems used by County departments, including review of performance statistics;
- Prepares RFP’s for vendor software, software tools & components; and manages vendor relationships to ensure the delivery of required products and services in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Develops and prepares procedures and processes, documentation, specifications, standards, and instructions, as needed;
- Assists with the preparation of the departmental budget as it relates to application systems;
- Designs, develops and administers systems based upon relational database management software such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server;
- Coordinates the implementation of custom software application projects college-wide, serving as an advisor and providing technical leadership to software architecture teams in order to ensure consistency, quality and standardization of departmental rules, processes and procedures for developing enterprise level software applications;
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, email, calendar and database software in performing work assignments;
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of recent (within the last 7 years) experience (pre- or post-degree) where a primary function of the position was designing and programming application software in Java, .Net, SQL, PL/SQL, or PHP; the administration of Oracle or MS SQL server databases; or full life-cycle project management of information technology focused projects; two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory or team leader capacity. Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft is preferred. Possession of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of New York at the time of appointment and maintaining the same while in this title is required. *This is a Civil Service position. The final candidate will be required to take and pass the Civil Service Exam.*
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $82,545 plus competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may “upload your documents by clicking here.” Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Manager of Software Architecture” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. AA/EOE.