Division Coordinator (WCC)-WDCE
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: April 30, 2018
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Division Coordinator (WCC)-WDCE
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Workforce Development and Community Education (WDCE)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Division of Workforce Development and Community Education seeks a higher education administrator to join its leadership team. He/She will work collaboratively with college colleagues and external partners to support program development and ensure that all programs meet or exceed stated objectives and comply with regulatory guidelines pertaining to use of funds. The Division Coordinator reports directly to the Vice President of Workforce Development and Community Education. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the vice president, assistant deans and all managers in the formulation of policies and procedures regarding programs and services to ensure effective management of all resources;
- Assessing labor market data to identify funding sources and respond to opportunities for program development;
- Coordinating the divisional assessment plan and its impact on program development and structure;
- Developing and overseeing procedures for purchasing and contractual processes, supporting managers through contractual requests processes;
- Serving as liaison to IR for accurate and timely reporting of noncredit activity;
- Overseeing all compliance & reporting of, and serving as the liaison to, the State University of New York regarding noncredit remedial aid; noncredit instructional activity; and other grants/reporting as required;
- Monitoring and supporting all grant reporting for federal, state and private grants made to support programs and instruction for the division of WDCE;
- Coordinating billing and invoicing for grant funded projects; and working with assistant deans and managers and Business Office representatives to assure timely and accurate billing;
- Serving as liaison to educational partners to ensure compliance with reporting budgeting standards, timelines etc.;
- Serving on divisional and college committees as assigned and interacting with colleagues across divisions regarding operations, data, reporting, contracts and other agreements;
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years of experience in the administration of an academic, programmatic or support services area in the field of Education or in the public sector. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent writing, communication, technology, research and problem-solving skills and a facility for data collection, reporting and operations management, including budgeting.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $76,422 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking “here.” Send resumes, cover letters, references and copies of transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Division Coordinator (WCC)-WDCE” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by June 8, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning.