Director of Annual Giving
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: October 9, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Director of Annual Giving
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Grants Department/The Division of External Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Development and Leadership Giving, the Director of Annual Giving is a senior member of the management team responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annually occurring gifts from a broad base of donors. The successful candidate will work closely with the entire Development Team including the Special Events Coordinator, Data Base Manager, Development Associate and Director of Alumni Relations.
The Westchester Community College Foundation was founded in 1969, with the goal to raise funds to meet college and student needs not covered by public funds. It is historically a top-performing community college foundation, raising on average between $4 and $6 million in private funds annually, and disbursing almost $2 million in scholarship funds annually. Responsibilities focus mostly on broad based fundraising and include:
- Increase membership in this upper-level annual appeal donor giving society
- Manage solicitations, stewardship, special events and activities
- Work closely with President’s’ Council Committee co-chairs and Board Leadership
- Manage annual solicitations for scholarships
- Stewardship of scholarship donors (cultivation, reporting, thanking)
- Develop calendar of solicitations to serve bi-annual scholarship awards needs
- Interface with Scholarship Center for information on gifts received and grants awarded
- Develop cultivation events and activities for donors
Fund for Westchester Community College (Annual Appeal)
- Planning and implementation of the Annual Appeal solicitations to various constituencies
- Institute a series of direct and electronic mailings and other solicitations
- Work with Alumni Director to plan appeals and solicitations to Alumni
- Manage donor retention and attrition
- Develop cultivation events and activities
Overall Stewardship of Donors
- Work with Development Team members to create an overall stewardship program for all donors based upon total giving per year
- Participate as a member of the Development team in developing overall fund raising strategies
- Represent the College/Foundation at special events and outside functions
- Track and report progress on an on-going basis
- A BA degree is required; 5 – 7 years prior experience as a development professional, with demonstrated success in developing and executing annual campaigns and other broad-based fundraising.
- Proficiency in manipulating fund raising database systems required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Outstanding writing abilities and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable about and committed to core community college values and the ability to demonstrate, communicate, and represent values to others. Ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education; experience within a community college environment is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing relationships in a warm and professional manner.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success in managing and stewarding donor relationships.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with others, other departments within the organization and with other organizations and entities.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary range begins at $70,135 and is commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may “upload your documents by clicking here.” Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Director of Annual Giving” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building- Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by November 24, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.