The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: November 29, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Associate Registrar
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Registrar’s Office/The Division of Student Access, Involvement, and Success
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Registrar, the Associate Registrar is responsible for technical expertise and management in the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office. The incumbent will analyze, implement, recommend and maintain multiple technology systems such as Starfish, Data Imagining, DegreeWorks, and CRM. He/She is responsible for the smooth technical operation and development of the PeopleSoft student services database (student registration transactions, grading, transcripts, degrees, withdrawal services, imaging and workflow), as well as developing an online transcript system. The Associate Registrar also will assist with the development, planning and coordination of services provided by the Registrar’s Office. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage system operations regarding attendance, grading, academic standing, account adjustments, term activations, and communications;
- Supervise clerical, hourly and student staff;
- Develop reports and submit data requests of internal and external constituencies;
- Analyze and design aspects of the user system, including documenting the system software and standards, and presenting project plans and training during implementation;
- Analyze current and future needs by developing technical requirements, evaluating potential designs for feasibility and cost effectiveness;
- Maintaining and operating all facets of the Starfish system;
- Assist in the development, implementation and operation of the College’s CRM system;
- Attending/convening periodic meetings regarding technology and as a member of the leads committee;
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and three years of experience where the primary function of the position was educational administration, including one year of supervisory experience in a college is required. A Master’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in an enrollment-related area working with technology and a student information system is strongly preferred. The successful candidate must have excellent management and communication skills and a record of increasing responsibility in a related enrollment services area. Evidence of working in a multi-department environment; the highest ethical standards, and knowledge of best practices regarding technology are required. Knowledge of and direct experience with a student information system, PeopleSoft, is also preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $56,660 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may “upload your documents by clicking here.” Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Associate Registrar” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by January 1, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.