Assistant Dean of Learning Initiatives and Success
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Westchester Community College is more than just Westchester County’s largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors. Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. There are approximately 13,000 full- and part-time college credit students. Continuing Education students bring the total number served by the college each semester to more than 24,000.
Under the supervision and direction of the Chief Academic Officer, the Assistant Dean of Learning Initiatives and Success manages the administration, reporting, and communication for all grant funded initiatives for Academic Affairs. The Assistant Dean will guide the faculty, coordinators, and administrators who provide instruction and services to developmental students and will collaborate with stakeholders, who reside in a variety of departments, to support their work, strengthen policies and practices, and plan for future development. This position will also represent Academic Affairs on select campus committees. The Assistant Dean will:
- Work collaboratively with the teaching faculty, non-teaching faculty, Academic Support Center Coordinators, and administrators to develop and administer the developmental education program;
- Provide workshops and training on course/program development to faculty;
- Work collaboratively with the Westchester Community College Foundation’s Director of Institutional Advancement to identify, administer, manage, and report on all grant funded initiatives;
- Supervise, assign, track, and train staff members;
- Work collaboratively and closely with various committees, departments, support services, and student services in order to implement academic policies and the academic plan for Academic Affairs;
- Recommend policies and procedures related to Developmental Education;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Academic Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree in Math, English, or Social Science is required. A PhD, EdD, or a terminal degree in developmental education, learning strategies, or a related academic discipline appropriate for this position is preferred. Three years of combined teaching and administrative experience with developmental education is also required. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking “here”; candidates can also send a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume, three professional references and copies of unofficial transcripts to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Assistant Dean of Learning Initiatives and Success” in the subject line of the email; or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.