Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Academic Affairs seeks a dynamic educator possessing college-level teaching and administrative experience to serve as the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs. The chosen candidate will be expected to have excellent writing, communication and problem-solving skills and a facility for monitoring programs and academic information. Familiarity with the regulations, procedures and mandates of the State University of New York and the NY State Education Department is a plus. The Assistant Dean reports directly to Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs, and serves on the Academic Leadership Council. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating the revision, development and approval of academic programs, courses and policy.
- Developing and overseeing procedures for collecting, publishing and maintaining accurate academic information.
- Negotiating and drafting transfer articulation agreements.
- Facilitating the Faculty Advisement of Continuing Students.
- Overseeing the process for the Student Evaluation of the Faculty and Academic Degree Audit.
- Maintaining good communication between Academic Affairs and the college community, the State University of New York, and transfer institutions.
- Facilitating the development and implementation of various academic policies.
- Assisting in the interpretation and implementation of academic initiatives mandated by the State University of New York (3, 4).
- Providing workshops on issues related to course and program development.
- Coordinating professional development opportunities related to pedagogical issues.
- Serving on college-wide committees or working groups as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree is required. Five years’ experience in educational administration, 3 years of which must have been in an administrative or supervisory position is also required. Prior college-level teaching experience is highly preferred. Familiarity with the NY State Education Department regulations, State University of New York system administration procedures and SUNY initiatives is a plus.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: January 2014
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $84,315 plus excellent health and leave benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.